Audio / Video
- No Grades + No Homework = Better Learning. A DVD featuring two lectures by Kohn. Click here for more information or to order.
- Unconditional Parenting: Moving from Rewards and Punishments to Love and Reason. A DVD of a lecture by Kohn that covers many of the topics discussed in the book of the same name. Click here for more information or to order.
- The Myth of the Spoiled Child. Unabridged recording of the book, read by the author. Order online from Amazon
- The Case Against Standardized Testing. Unabridged recording of the book, read by the author. Two cassettes; about 180 minutes. Produced by National Professional Resources. For information about ordering, please CONTACT US.
- VIDEO: Two appearances on the CBS Early Show, one in 2005 about Unconditional Parenting and the other in 2006 about The Homework Myth.
- VIDEO: Two education lectures delivered in western Canada, one about standards and testing (at Simon Fraser University in 2006), and the other about helping students to be caring people (at a middle-school conference devoted to “the whole child” in 2007).
- VIDEO: A lecture based on the book The Schools Our Children Deserve that was originally broadcast on C-Span in 1999.
- VIDEO: A lecture entitled “The Trouble with Pure Freedom: A Case for Active Adult Involvement in Progressive Education,” followed by an extended discussion, at the Alternative Education Resource Organization conference, 2005.
- VIDEO: An old interview about competition on the now-defunct public television show “Open Mind,” from 1986.
- AUDIO: An interview about progressive education (dealing with pedagogy, discipline, competition, grades, and excellent vs. “good enough” schools) by John Merrow for his PBS program, from 2000.
- AUDIO: A webinar presentation called “Why Incentives Can Never Make Us Healthier” for health-promotion and wellness professionals, from 2011.
- AUDIO: An interview about homework on the NPR program “Here & Now,” from 2006.
- AUDIO: A conversation about classroom management released in conjunction with the 2006 edition of the book Beyond Discipline, published by ASCD.
- AUDIO: A conversation about children and competition recorded in early 2008 for a podcast show called “What Really Matters” hosted by two moms.