Audio / Video
- No Grades + No Homework = Better Learning. A video featuring two lectures by Kohn, available to stream or as a DVD. Click here for more information or to order.
- Unconditional Parenting: Moving from Rewards and Punishments to Love and Reason. A video of a lecture by Kohn that covers many of the topics discussed in the book of the same name, available to stream or as a DVD. Click here for more information or to order.
- The Myth of the Spoiled Child. Unabridged recording of the book, read by the author. Order online from Amazon
- Unconditional Parenting. Unabridged recording of the book, read by the author. Order online from Amazon
- Punished by Rewards. Unabridged recording of the book, read by the author. Order online from Amazon
- The Homework Myth. Unabridged recording of the book, read by the author. Order online from Amazon
- The Case Against Standardized Testing. Unabridged recording of the book, read by the author. Two cassettes (yes, that’s right: cassettes); about 180 minutes. For information about ordering, please CONTACT US.
- VIDEO: Conference keynote on attitudes about children – how and why to create a kid-friendly community – that was presented in Tacoma, WA in 2019 (1 hour).
- VIDEO: Lecture entitled “Performance vs. Learning: The Costs of Overemphasizing Achievement” that was presented in Palo Alto, CA in 2015.
- VIDEO: Keynote address (via Skype) on “open badges” for ePIC conference in 2014 (45 minutes).
- VIDEO: Two appearances on “Oprah” in 1996, one in January about altruism and the other in October about rewards.
- VIDEO: Lecture offering a critical, secular perspective on gratitude, presented Thanksgiving weekend 2017 at the Humanist Hub in Cambridge, MA. Starts at 14:42.
- VIDEO: Lecture about standards and testing at Simon Fraser University in 2006.
- VIDEO: Lecture based on the book The Schools Our Children Deserve that was originally broadcast on C-Span in 1999.
- VIDEO: Lecture entitled “The Trouble with Pure Freedom: A Case for Active Adult Involvement in Progressive Education,” followed by an extended discussion, at the Alternative Education Resource Organization conference, 2005.
- VIDEO: An old interview about competition on the now-defunct public television show “Open Mind,” from 1986.
- AUDIO: “In a Context and For a Purpose: Constructing a Progressive Math Classroom” – an hour-long recording of the keynote address for the Ind. Council of Teachers of Mathematics 2019 conference.
- AUDIO: An hour-long interview about “Kids These Days” to discuss the book The Myth of the Spoiled Child on an NPR station in 2014.
- AUDIO: An interview about progressive education (dealing with pedagogy, discipline, competition, grades, and excellent vs. “good enough” schools) by John Merrow for his PBS program, from 2000.
- AUDIO: A webinar presentation called “Why Incentives Can Never Make Us Healthier” for health-promotion and wellness professionals, from 2011.
- AUDIO: An interview about homework on the NPR program “Here & Now,” from 2006.
- AUDIO: A conversation about children and competition recorded in early 2008 for a podcast show called “What Really Matters” hosted by two moms.